Tuesday, August 22, 2017

My "Why"

I'll wrap up this little flurry of activity with a concept that I just recently have been thinking about: Start with the Why—from Simon Sinek. If you haven't seen his TEDTalk, take a little time to view it.


Our CEO asked me to use this approach for a capabilities presentation and I was really inspired to explore my own "Why."

It is a pretty simple approach, asking yourself "why do you do what you do?" What is at the core of why you get up and make things each day. It takes a bit of effort, but in the end I think it helps to articulate your values in simple terms. So here is what I came up with:

Applying my talents and expertise to advance institutional communication goals by interpreting key concepts and narratives into effective messaging that informs and inspires targeted audiences.

Well, actually that is how it evolved in an effort to add it to my resume. Simply put, I try to use my experience and expertise to help customers articulate their ideas in a clean, visually appealing way that inspires their audiences.

I'll see how it floats...

No comments:

Post a Comment