Tuesday, August 29, 2017

A Labor of Love

I have been working for two years on illustrating a story that my Mom wrote almost 15 years ago. It is the story of our old Beagle Sadie. For the parts of the story that align with the time we adopted her, it is a true story. For the part of the story before that, it is what she thought might have happened.


This is the cover art. She was a sweet dog.


This page tells about the life of the pup Sadie. She is on the left behind her Momma. In the book, the little mustache and three spots on her chest are two features that identify her. She is mostly black and has a little white "paint brush" tail.


So, I have about 7 more paintings to finish. I have drawings for the whole book and have done a basic layout and design. Once I finish the paintings, I will scan them and put the whole thing together.

I will post more when I have them done. Hope you like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment