Thursday, November 30, 2017

Our Book is DONE!


About 20 years ago, my Mom wrote a children's book about our dog Sadie. It sat in a file cabinet until just before her 80th birthday. I knew it was there and hoped to get to it, but it would always go dim on my radar. I made a commitment to illustrating, designing, and publishing it and started the process. I did preliminary sketches in time for her 80th birthday and got the ball rolling.


 Tuesday was her 83rd birthday and I gave her the final proof for the finished book as a present. She was thrilled. I told her that I would get it produced if she approved the proof. She did and, last night, I completed the process to publish on Blurb. In a couple of weeks she will receive the finished hard cover books.

It took me a year and a half to produce the drawings and that long again to produce the finished illustrations. They are watercolor and pencil illustrations and I really like the way they turned out. After I get the first order, I will make it available for purchase on Blurb. For now, here is a taste of the finished paintings.






No comments:

Post a Comment