Monday, August 13, 2012

Gary and Other Things

Mulder
I've spent some time since returning from HOW in Boston working on some pet drawings. One of my friends lost his long-time buddy while we were there so I did a picture of Mulder as a gift for him.

I attended a session given by Aaron Draplin of Draplin Design in Oregon entitled Tall Tales from a Big Man. He was awesome—great sense of design and humor. When the session was over he sold some of his wares and I went up to buy some Field Note notebooks (can't live without them now). He snatched up a bunch of other things for free just cause he wanted to. He has lost his bud Gary (the weiner dog) and I thought it would be a nice gesture to draw him as well.

Getting started on Gary


I have been working on my website www.davedrawsitall.com as well and hope to have it finished by the end of the month. My old site is creaking when you open the door and showing signs of digital antiquity. Going for a clean simple look, but I always have trouble keeping it brief. I am also trying to update my geek skills at the same time with many visits to lynda.com for training.
Gary finished drawing

No comments:

Post a Comment